OPTIMAL PROTECTION FOR PRICELESS ASSETS
Crating, Packaging, and Shipping Services for Museum Valuables in Birmingham/Tuscaloosa
We provide traveling exhibit packing and crating services for museums around the country. With nearly three decades of experience in conservation handling, preparation, and packaging of items such as paintings, paper, stone, plaster, furniture, wood objects, and textiles, we know how to meet museum and conservation standards, and protect items during storage, handling, and transportation.
Expert Exhibit Packing & Crating
Every crating solution we design provides exceptional cushioning and optimal stability to ensure items can tolerate any mode of transportation. Our crates are also designed for repeated use. In building them, we consider the type of item, its age and condition, climate, humidity and temperature conditions at origin, during transport, and at the destination. We also account for shock and vibration during handling, storage, and transportation.
Museum Exhibit Items We Handle
Craters & Freighters is a member of the American Alliance of Museums.
- Display cases
- Information boards
- Lighting fixtures
- A/V equipment
Professional Crating, Packaging & Shipping Services for Museums
- Insurance coverage
- White-glove residential and business pickup
- Packaging including wraps, foams, and cushioning
- Archival packaging materials are available
- Moisture-barrier bagging for waterborne export shipping
- Double- and tri-wall corrugated containers
- Custom wood crates
- ISPM 15 heat-treated wood crates for international shipping
- Ground, ocean, and air transportation
- Residential and business delivery
- Expedited services available
Get a fast, free, no-obligation cost estimate from Craters & Freighters.
Provide some information on your needs, and we’ll get back to you right away with a figure you can use in your planning. Serving most of Tennessee and Alabama, including Nashville, Chattanooga, and the rest of the United States!